Official jury – Aircraft Workshop 2020
Researcher of Flight Mechanics at the University of Federico II Faculty of Aerospace Engineering in Naples.
Sergio De Rosa
He holds a master’s thesis in aerospace engineering in the engineering disciplines of structural dynamics, interior acoustics, and fluid-structural iteration.
He was a researcher at CIRA (Italian Aerospace Research Center). He is currently a professor of Aerospace Construction and Structures at the Federico II Faculty of Aerospace Engineering in Naples.
Graduated in Aeronautical Engineering at the University of Naples with a thesis on “On the problem of Noise Reduction at Low-Medium Frequencies Inside Fuselages by Modification of Structural Parameters”.
From July 1986 until June 1987 he went to Hampton, Virginia – USA, at the NASA Langley Research Center, to carry out a research program on noise reduction in modern aircraft with conventional and advanced propeller propulsion.
From July 1997 to October of the same year he went to PennState University to carry out a research program on the problems of active vibration and noise control.
He is currently a Full Professor of Aerospace Construction and Structures at the industrial engineering department of the Aerospace engineering section of Federico II in Naples.
Graduated in Aerospace Engineering at Federico II of Naples.
During his career as an engineer he has dealt with:
– flight mechanics (performances)
– aircraft Design, light aircraft and transport aircraft (also in support to industries like Tecnam and Piaggio)
– aerodynamic analysis and optimization (airfoils, winglet, fuselages)
– wind-tunnel tests (responsible for the aeronautical wind-tunnel test of main Unina subsonic wind-tunnel)
– flight tests (light aircraft flight tests and certification, collaboration and support to Tecnam)
– flight dynamics and flight simulation.
He is currently a professor of Flight Mechanics and Aircraft Design at the industrial engineering department, Aerospace engineering section of Federico II in Naples.
Professor of Aerospace Construction and Structures.